Sunday, May 10, 2009

Great Weekend. Great Weather. Great Memories.

Mother's day weekend has been great. I am certainly loved because my family spoiled me. My girls and Nate gave me beautiful roses (pic below) and a yummy french toast breakfast. I got a new spring dress (I don't have a pic yet, but will post one soon) and Nate signed me up for a photography workshop that I have been wanting to go to soooo bad. I can't wait for it. I also got a cute key chain hook for my purse from my mom and a beautiful silver bracelet from my mom-in-law. We've spent lots of time with family these past two days and had tons of fun. On Saturday we had a party at my Uncle Scott and Aunt Becci's house. They have four-wheelers, horses, lots of land and just a great place that my girls absolutely LOVE to visit. Here are a few pics from the weekend.


Both girls had a hard time sleeping last night in their own beds. So this is how Hannah, Lacey and I ended up. We put both couches together and slept in the family room. I had feet, hands and little bums in my face all night long. Why didn't we end up in my king size bed you ask? When you add Nate, it was just too many people and the girls kept falling off the sides of our bed.


The guys were playing some sort of target game. Looks like they had lots of fun with it.





Papa told everyone at the Mother's day party that he was going to live life and enjoy what time he has left. His health isn't that great and he just came home from the hospital on Friday. So he decided that he wanted to go for a four wheeler ride and see some horses and sheep. Here's my uncle Scott and his Dad (Papa) taking a ride.

Me and my sisters with Nan. :)


Lacey doesn't look like she is enjoying her ride here, but it was actually hard to pry her away. She loved every second of her rides and is now asking me to buy her one of those. :)
In the picture below is Aunt Sue, Aunt Becci, Corbin, Zachary and Lacey.

Here's my cousin David and Kelsey. Of course Kelsey had to take her little dog Bailey with her.

Corbin had such a big smile on his face after his first four wheeler ride. It was definitely the highlight of the afternoon for all the kids.

Hannah and my cute cuz Jessica.


The whole Kohler Clan. (Except for Amber and Jonny. We missed you guys and can't wait until you visit Utah soon!)

Papa wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to live life and have fun. He decided to really live it up by wearing this crazy wig!


I need to buy this girl a trampoline! (and a horse, and a dog...wait! Maybe she should just live with my aunt Becci. She's got ALL of those things!)

Cute girls having tons of fun!

Gracie and Hannah spent a good deal of time on the trampoline. Every few minutes they would stop jumping and bend down to see what was underneath.

A sweet picture of Scott and Papa looking at the horses. :)

Lacey was trying to act sad and this is the face she was constantly giving me. But with a little tickling and a LOT of rides on the four wheeler, this fake pout quickly went away.

Hair stylist Kelsey was busy giving the men haircuts.

Hannah loves horses. She is such a country girl. She was rather disappointed when my uncle told her that she couldn't ride them because one horse had a wounded leg and the other horse was too wild to have kids ride on him.


Roses from my girls and Nate. :)

8 comments:

Diana and Fam said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Got to love family! Happy Mommy's Day!

Krista said...

good times. It looks like a really fun place to visit.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you take lots of pictures because I was trying not to feel sorry for myself on Saturday. I wish I could of been there. I loved the pictures of Papa, the wig kills me. I thought Kelsey and Dave were pretty cute too. The whole group pictures was awesome except where was my dad? We will be home at the end of June so we will have to get together. Thanks again for posting all of the pictures because we know my mom won't remember.
Love ya
P.S. The girls looks so darling.

Mich said...

Great pics. It hurts to have such great genes in the family :) I'm glad you got to have a good mothers day. Zachary started out the day telling me "happy mommy's day," but it all went downhill from there.

melbel said...

Looks like a busy fun weekend! And bed pic with the bums and toes in your face? All too familiar! I'll go to sleep alone in my bed and wake up to two little ones crowding me off the bed by morning!

Glad you got spend time with your family!

Jensons said...

That picture of Lacey is the cutest thing!!!

Kalisa

Becky said...

Ya, That's a really sweet picture of Lacey. I am also chuckling to picture you and Hannah and Lacey stuffed into this make-shift bed, and Nate with a King-sized bed all to himself. LOL!

Brandon and Kelsey said...

Excuse me.... I was not in the big family picture... I was slaving away down stairs!!