Monday, September 28, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!!!! (now Nate isn't outnumbered)

We couldn't be happier about our little boy. The new addition to our family brings smiles to our faces. Hannah and Lacey are in heaven and very excited. We've waited a long time for this to happen and the day has finally arrived.

We wanted to share the good news with everyone so here is a sneak preview of our little guy.


Please scroll down for pics..............










Keep scrolling....................











a little more......................................











be patient.....................................

















Just about done......................................






















OUR LITTLE BOY!!!!! Welcome to our family Butterscotch!!!!!
(And you thought I was announcing me expecting a little boy...now that's just plain silly.) ;)

He is 8 weeks old and a Shitzu/Maltese mix (more Maltese than Shitzu). His mommy is black and white and his daddy is dark brown but he came out with this beautiful butterscotch blond coloring which is pretty rare for his breed- hence the name we chose for him. We instantly fell in love with that cute little face.

He has a timid nature about him, just like his mom and is very calm and even tempered. He is very much a companion dog and loves to snuggle. I've been looking for the perfect dog and researching all different breeds for about three years now and I finally found the perfect one. The girls love him and cry when they have to go to bed at night because that means no more playing with Butterscotch until morning.




He's been my little buddy since I first held him and whimpers when he's not in my arms or resting on my lap. He has found a very comfy spot at the foot of my bed where my feet are that he has deemed his part of the bed. :)


About as big as a book. :) He'll be about 8 or 9 lbs full grown. He'll be small and just what I wanted.

13 comments:

Becky said...

Butterscotch! How cute! We gotta visit this week. GOTTA.

Nella said...

He's so cute, I've been dyeing to get a dop but we dont' have a fence yet. I also love your new house, it's beautiful!

Krista said...

oh my gosh he is sooooo cute!! What a great addition to the fam. I can just see your girl dotting on him all day.

Krista said...

ps I have no idea how to spell dotting? Ah dang. It's doting. I just checked the dictionary. well, I learned something new tonight.

Krista said...

ummm. should I spell check b/f leaving a comment? duh. (girlS doting) okay now I'm done commenting. :)

Jeff said...

Oh geez.

Anonymous said...

OH, he is the cutest thing! I can't believe you have a dog. Is Nate okay? I thought he had allergies to dogs? Well, you are going to love him. Now, Bella will have someone new to play with. I am so excited!

htasker said...

What a cute little guy! You definitely tricked me!

Karebear said...

um, Nate is still outnumbered, just not alone.

What a cute little dog, almost had me convinced that I needed one (not, dogs are not for us). He looks just like the one you had when we were kids.

Diana and Fam said...

How cute! I can see why you fell in love!

Jen said...

cute! I am not a huge animal lover, but he is a super cute little puppy! My kids would love one...I just don't know if I have the patience to deal with a dog and kids! I'm sure your kids are loving it though!!

Katie Cash Davis said...

He is so sweet! How fun for your girls to have a puppy. Congrats on your home, too--it is beautiful!

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest puppy I have ever seen! I'm glad you added a little boy to fam!