Sunday, December 6, 2009

Going, going, gone!!!!

Today marks one more year of my twenties. My final year. They have honestly flown by. Not sure where they went, but they are almost gone. I better make the best of 29 and make each day count. Yes, 29 is still young. But it is a weird feeling that I will be entering the 30 zone next year and kissing the 20's goodbye. I'm not complaining by any means and I don't feel old. My 20's have been fun, hard, adventurous and very blessed.

I was told today by a kid in my Sunday School class that I teach.......
"You've been alive a long time because you know who Spencer W. Kimball is. That makes you old."

I guess kids who are 13 and 14 consider me old now. I probably did the same thing when I was their age; thinking that people in their 30's were ancient.


In light of my 20's quickly becoming history, here are some things I hope to do in this 29th year....(in no particular order):

*Take my girls to Disneyland
*Go to Hawaii (really really want to, but probably won't happen until our 10th anniversary which is only two years away, so I guess I could wait)
*Read 5 books on my list (I am waaaay behind on my 100 books to read list)
*Go on a few vacations (possibly to visit my cousin in Nebraska and the awesome zoo I hear they have, sis and bro-in-law in Texas and Friend in Chicago- I guess I should ask them all first if I can even come. ;) )
*More temple work. (lots more. I've been a slacker)
*Give more service.
*Take more photography classes
*Buy more camera equipment
*Potty train Lacey (may not be a big deal to others or a strange thing I want to do, but seriously.... She is 3 1/2 and is being a gigantic stinker and just won't do it. I think it's pure laziness on her part. Oh yes- and her extremely stubborn nature.)
*Visit my two grandma's more often. They are the only grandparents I have left and I don't want to have any regrets later on in life when I have the opportunity available to me right now to spend time with them.
*Make a difference in someones life. (not sure who's, how or when, but I would like to give it a whirl.)

So- here's to making my 29th year an awesome one!!

Oh yes- and I will shortly post a pic of my birthday present from Nate and my girlies. A beautiful white gold diamond ring. Love it. :) Haven't gotten any diamond jewelry since my wedding ring. Nate did good this year. :)




7 comments:

Lindsay said...

awh!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one!!!

Karebear said...

Happy Birthday! Those are great goals! I should make a list like that for myself. Right now I am just trying to keep my head above water.

Krista said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I had that on my calendar and somehow...it slipped by me to tell you on your important big day! You are still a young buck...Enjoy the 29th year. Those are great goals and of course the goal to come to chicago is the best! You and your girls would love it here (I don't know nate as well but I'm guessing he'd like it too.) It is such a great city. I can get you into great places too for free! Think about it. No, don't think. just come. Hawaii for an anniversary is a must. Especially if you haven't been. I'm all for tropical paradise.

melbel said...

Happy Birthday again! Wow, what a list! Those are some really good goals for the last year in your 20's.

So Nebraska? What part? Well, if you come sometime after April (that's when we'll go back to Omaha), you should come over for dinner. Or drop the kids off and you, Nate, and your cousins could go to the Winter Quarters Temple - hey two goals in one!

By the way, beautiful ring! Surprises are fun!

melbel said...

ps Don't feel bad about Lacey, Emily was a stubborn one too and she was also 3 1/2 by the time she was even interested. She was probably the only kid ever to go to sunbeams in a diaper...ugh.

Becky said...

You'll be doing a lot of traveling this year, eh? And how many/what books have you read? Good luck!! Good bye, 20's.