


So, my friend's little boy Wyatt has tagged my daughter Lacey, so here goes....
10 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT LACEY.....
1. Lacey started to teeth way way too early- 4 1/2 months. She had every single tooth by 11 months old.
2. Lacey has been a mama's girl since she was born. Just two months ago she barely started to be comfortable around other people without me being there and she is almost 2 years old.
3. Lacey has a fascination with Dora the Explorer. Every morning she wakes up saying "Dora...Boots....pease?" Seriously, those are the first words coming out of her mouth and she gets really excited and jumps up and down.
4. If you have ever heard Lacey talk, it's like listening to a foreign language and she talks super fast. Then when she is done she will look at me and say "ok?" I just nod and act as if I understood everything she just told me. :)
5. She also has a fascination with noses. Well, just mine and Nate's to be exact. She will go and get a tissue, come to me or Nate then wipe our nose, look up it and then say "tank you". Then gives us a big smile and seems pretty proud that she cleaned our noses. But what gets me is that she says thank you after each time she does it. Funny girl.
6. Since birth, Lacey has been in the 10% range in her weight. That is until last month. She is almost two and has only gotten up to 19 lbs. But this past month she finally put on some weight and is a nice 24 lbs now.
7. Lacey adores dogs and can't get enough of them. She gets super excited when our neighbors dog Coco comes outside to play. Some kids, like Hannah tend to be rough with dogs and squeeze them hard or grab their tails, but Lacey is so gentle with them and pats them softly. It's fun to see her play with dogs and we hope to get one of our own very soon.
8. I went into labor with Lacey at 26 weeks and from that point on, was in the hospital until 35 weeks when they decided it wasn't safe for Lacey to stay in my tummy. So she made her grand entrance into this world early but as healthy as could be!
9. Lacey has two large front teeth that have a big gap between them and they are buck teeth on top of that! My grandpa, Papa, gets worried everytime he sees her and asks "Oh, what are they going to do about those buck teeth of hers? They better get them fixed." I keep telling him that they aren't permanent, so there's nothing to worry about, but he still does.
10. Last but not least, Nate and I almost named Lacey, Tessa. I love that name, but for some reason, even before seeing Lacey for the first time, we just felt like Lacey would suit her well and of coarse it did. Funny fact about the name Lacey, when we told my mom that would be her name she looked at me funny and said "Racy Lacey". I was very confused and said "what!?". Then she proceeded to tell me that when she was in high school she knew a Lacey that was a little promiscuous and she used to be called Racy Lacey. And when we said the name Lacey, that thought just popped into her mind and she said it out loud without thinking. But she reassured me that my little Lacey wouldn't hold that title. Luckily, it didn't ruin the name for us. :) I'm sure we all have names we like and then we meet someone that we dislike who has that same name and it ruins the name for us altogether.
11. Sorry, I had to add one more little thing. Lacey loves to clean. If there isn't anything to clean, she will take her sippy cup and dump some of it on the kitchen floor and say "Oh, no!" She then runs to the drawer with the kitchen towels, takes one and starts to clean the floor. Then when she's done, she will go to the bathroom and put the towel in the clothes hamper and come back into the kitchen, looks at the spot that she just cleaned and says "clean". Then she proceeds to do it all over again.
AND NOW......Lacey tags Jackson Nydegger, Isabel Blackburn, Caleb Osmond, Sisi LeBaron and Malia Baumann. Have fun!!!!
5 comments:
What a fun post about your little girl! Both your daughters are just adorable! Fun to see how your family is doing! :)
It was fun "talking" to ya! I love that all of us have 2 girls. Your daughters are gorgeous! It looks like you have tons of fun with them too.
Awwww... cute. I think Lacey's teeth are great! (Because Wy's got some big spaces going on too:)
Cute!! I love the cleaning part you talked about...Malia always has to be my little helper. She has her own little broom or rag or whatever and has to be doing something if I am too. It must be a girl thing! Even though Cole is only 9 mo's...he's already a typical boy...destructive and loud!! =) But they are both so much fun! I guess I better get to work on Malia's tag...
hey send lacey up after she's finished cleaning your place! We could use some help up here.
I wish sisi was into that.
I posted on sisi a little while ago. I can't remember when...
Post a Comment