Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!


Today is my Mom's birthday. She is a wonderful mother of four daughters and grandmother to 8 grandchildren. She is a very giving and kind person. She never complains about anything and is always there for us when we need her. She has given me and my sisters a lot of great advice when we became mothers that has come in handy numerous times. She has always gone above and beyond when it comes to her children and especially her grandchildren. She spoils them rotten and showers them with gifts on birthdays, holidays and for no reason at all. My mom is loved by everyone and does so much for so many people.

She has spent countless hours with her Dad, Papa, since his stroke 6 years ago and has helped her Mom out tremendously. She has gone down to his house every other week, sometimes every week, and spent an entire day with him, helping out and giving Nan, her Mom, a break. Her compassion and love for her Dad is astounding and she never ceases to amaze me at how much time she gives to her parents. If they need her, she always drops whatever it is she is doing, even if she is sick, and she will go and help them. And believe me, that has happened more often than not. She is even that way when it comes to her own children and if we need her to watch our kids or help us with something. That is just the kind of person my Mom is, the kind of person that I want to be.

Today she is on a very much deserved vacation for her birthday with my Dad. He took her to a bed and breakfast on the Mississippi and they get to have fun in Nauvoo all week.

Thanks Mom for always helping us to be better people, better parents, for instilling good values in us and for always being there when we need you. I probably don't say it enough, but I appreciate all that you do and I could never have asked for a better Mother. I love you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I agree. Thanks for posting such a nice tribute Steph.

StephNyd said...

Thanks Linds.

mom of boys said...

Very nice Steph.