Monday, July 28, 2008

Farewell to Jeff, Erin & Little Jackson


So this past weekend was spent with Nate's family doing tons of fun stuff including a BBQ and fireworks celebration on the 24th, Dinner and Bee's game on Friday and then a great hot dog and smore roasting up Big Cottonwood Canyon on Sunday evening.
We spent so much time together as a farewell to Nate's Brother Jeff, his wife Erin and their cute son Jackson. They are heading to Texas so Jeff can attend Law School this fall. They will be gone for over three years and maybe more. I'm excited for them to have fun experiences and to live somewhere else.

They will be missed and I know our family get-togethers from here on out will be rather quiet with them gone. But luckily Nate's parents and Jeff and Erin have web-cam so we could always hop on there and chat with them and see their darling faces.
We wish them all the luck on their adventure and let them know that we love them and can't wait to see them at Christmas.
Love you guys!

FYI Jeff and Erin- As we were driving away last night Hannah became very emotional and said "But Mom, I'm going to miss Jeff, Erin and Jackson so much. I will never ever see them again. Hannah's so sad." Then she cried uncontrollably for almost the whole way home. I don't mean to make you guys sad or anything, but it was cute how much she cares about and loves you guys. You will be missed.

Here are some cute pics from our weekend of fun with them and the rest of the family (It's great for me to be the photographer. This way, I don't have to be in the pics!)

Jackson and Hannah had lots of fun splashing in the water.

Jayden loved to climb up on the waterfall and play in the water.

I was able to get a cute pic of Lacey smiling for once and I owe it all to the garage door. She found it rather funny to watch it open and close. Go figure!

I had to post this picture of Erin and Missy.. I found it rather humurous. A pregnant Missy getting ready to shoot someone and Erin with a great wide-eyed expression.I think Missy was going to shoot me for taking so many pictures and Erin was tired of the normal picture smile. :)

Here's Grandma K And Grandpa Jack with all the cute grandkids.

Here's my Hannah just smiling away as always.

I guess Nate is looking at something rather intriguing in this pic. He was originally on the ladder to get a ball off the roof, but I think he liked it so much up there, he decided to stay a while.

Here's the cute Bishop family- Chris, Missy and Jayden (and we can't forget Ryan in Aunt Missy's tummy. He's coming soon!!)

We also had the pleasure of the Lloyd's coming for fireworks on the 24th. Here's cute Jaynie, Annie and Georgann.

Here's Uncle Kyle. This is his last summer with us before his mission.

Fun at the Bee's Game.

Little Jayden just watching the game.

Here's Jackson enjoying some good old baseball time and of course, his Daddy tickling him.

This was Hannah's first year roasting her own marshmellow and she loved it!

All the kids liked being put on this big rock at the campsite- they thought it was a lot of fun.




Kaylin's having fun roasting her marshmellow's.

Here's a great pic of Jack and Nate.

Erin's concentrating really hard on making sure her marshmellow is just right.

Grandpa Jack and Grandma Kaylin...what a cute couple!

Hannah and Lacey enjoying their Smores. YUMMY!

Our last family pic together until Christmas. I think it turned out rather well.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Funny, I was just asking Kaylin about this. I guess it's here! Time for them to go. Good luck, Jeff!!

Lindsay said...

Cute Nydegger Clan! I'm glad you guys had so much. I wish the best of Luck to Jeff and Erin. The family picure turned out great. I bet kaylynn loves it.

Jensons said...

I didn't know Jeff was going to Law school, that is really cool. I hope everything goes really well for them.

Kalisa

melbel said...

I love family memories! My question is, who took the picture of all of you and how did you get all the bABIES TO LOOK AT THE CAMERA?

melbel said...

oops, must have hit caps lock and didn't notice! I'm really not yelling at you, I promise!

StephNyd said...

The pic of our whole family? Well, I took a ladder and put the camera on one of the steps and then just hit the self take delay button and positioned everyone and ta-da...you've got a pic. The reason the kids are all looking at it is because there is a green light that blinks and then blinks really fast when it's about to take the pic. So that is how we got their attention.

Heather said...

Oh it is so sad having family live far away. A growing experience, but still hard. Thanks for all of the preggo advice with this dang all day sickness! I did get the dissolving Zofran, and some other junk that is helping a little. Thanks for the advice!

htasker said...

Cute family get together! I cant believe all of Nate's siblings are so grown up. I remember them all from high school and I swear they should be the same age! On a side note, can I stop by next week to pick up the rain fly for the stoller?