


My sweet little Lacey has turned two. I have to ask.....where has the time gone? I remember that little angel so tiny and perfect arriving into this world after worrying for her safety during her pregnancy. I was extremely grateful to see that she was healthy and full of life. She has blessed our family so greatly over these past two years. Fortunately for me, Lacey is still much more like a baby than a toddler and I LOVE it. Lacey still loves me to rock her all wrapped in her blanket and sing songs. At least 5 times a day she will come up to me and curl up on my lap and just snuggle into me. She will also wrap herself up in her blanket and lay on the floor. She'll lay there, content for quite a long time. I love these times and will miss them when they are gone.

Since birth, Lacey has pretty much been a Mama's girl and has had a hard time going to other people. Luckily in the past few months she has started to be more comfortable around others and will now go to my parents and Nate's without getting too worked up or anxious. In all honesty, I have actually loved how clingy she has been to me. :)

Lacey loves to swing, slide and climb. She could be content on doing those for hours on end. So what do you think we got her for her birthday? Yep...you guessed it. A Little Tikes slide and climber play set. This should keep her busy for many hours out of the day.


There are so many things I adore about Lacey so here are just a few of my favorites.
1. Lacey says "Tank you" to pretty much everything. I love to hear her sweet little voice say that.
2. For the most part Lacey has always called me "Mama". But lately she has started to call me "Mimey". She says most of her o's as i's. Then she says "I Mimey's punkin" and then shouts "yay" and claps her hands and acts so proud of herself. I started to call her my pumpkin a while ago and she has caught onto it and now calls herself that.
3. The last thing I think is so cute about Lacey is her love for purses and bags. You will find her always carrying one around her arm. She will also sit down and play on the Barbie shopping laptop and talk to herself. I'm thinking this one will be a shopper!! Look out Nate, she'll be hitting you up for money in no time! So needless to say, whenever we go into a store and she sees a purse, it's an absolute must-have for her. I think she may even own more purses at her young age than I have acquired over the years. I guess it's best to start early! :)
(I think in the picture below, Lacey's doing some serious on-line shopping!)

Lacey gets super excited anytime she hears Nate's or Hannah's voice when she wakes up in the morning. She runs down the hall to their bedrooms and wants to start playing with them. Some of her favorite things to do with them are playing hide and seek, dancing around in circles to Hannah's Disney music and wrestling on the floor. I love to watch them and I often take pictures of them together. In fact, I took a few pics of Nate holding Hannah and Lacey's hands while dancing around the family room to Cinderella music. Nate begged me to not post any of those pics, but I think I just might. :) It just shows how involved Nate is in his daughter's lives and I couldn't love it more!


Lacey also adores her older sister Hannah. She follows her around and copies everything that Hannah does. For the most part, Hannah doesn't mind too much and takes Lacey under her wing and plays with her and even tries to teach Lacey the ABC's and counting. I love the relationship they have. It's so much fun to watch them do things together.


So here is to my little pumpkin Lacey. Happy birthday sweetie! We love you so much!
Daddy, Mommy and Hannah.
(This pic of her sticking her tongue out is one of my favorites. She is known for making funny faces or looking rather worried.)
8 comments:
I love this last picture. So sweet. Look at her little ringlets - too too cute.
Wow! Two already, she still seems like she just turned one! You have the most beautiful children and they are so blessed to have you for a mother. Happy Birthday Lacey!
She is such a cutie. Happy birthday to Lacey!
We love Lacey too!! I'm glad her and Isabel are finally starting to be friends.
Zachary has been singing "Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Lacey" all day long.
What a photographer you are!!! great pictures. If you think 2 years goes by fast...just wait until she's 3 and your "toddler" turns into a "little girl." HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I love these blogs and thanks for sharing the pics and your thoughts. I feel like I stay in touch with my family so Happy Birthday Lacey!! It seems like just the other day when I brought Grandma to the hospital to see her.
I can't believe it's been two years! I remember all of the pregnancy drama (we were due within a few days of each other) and I would ask Linds about you all the time! I felt SO bad for you!!! You'd never know it now. You and Lacey both look great! I love the pics.
Post a Comment