Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Cabin, A Lake, & A New Baby!

This week has been an eventful one. To start off we had my family vacation up at a cabin in Timberlakes, a fun-filled lake day with wave runners and sand castle building and to top the end of the week off, my sis-in-law Missy had her baby boy on Thursday night. They named him Ryan Christopher Bishop and he is so adorable.
So here are some highlights from our week.

First off, I have to post pics of the new addition. Ryan is so cute and Missy tells us that so far, he is a very good baby and he's super quiet.

Lacey was amazed by this little baby. She couldn't get enough of him. Hannah keeps telling me that I need to have a baby brother for her in my tummy. Keep wishing my dear. I'm good with what I have right now. :)

I could've held him forever and kissed his little cheeks.

This is our friends cabin that we stay at every year. We love coming up here. If I could, I would have a cabin for my home. I love being in the mountains.

My cute sisters Michelle and Lindsay.

Lacey spent a lot of time on these cabin steps playing with the rocks. Who knew something so simple could keep her attention for so long.


Here's my sweet Hannah and cute cousin Gabe going on a nature walk.

While on the nature walk I couldn't resist taking some pics of the beautiful wildflowers that were surrounding us.


I even managed to find some little berries along the path. I had to keep telling Hannah that you can't eat these ones.

Dad and Michelle cookin up some yummy dinner.

Big T.V. or small laptop? Laptop it was. All the grandkids chose the laptop over the big tv to watch their movies. Silly little kiddos.

I love this pic of Nate and Hannah!

Zachary was less than thrilled to go on the wave runner.


Cute cousins Isabel and Lacey playing on the beach.


Me and my girls.

What a handsome young man. Ethan turns 8 next week and will be baptized soon.


Hannah was scared at first, but then she got really brave and went on the wave runners several times. She had a blast. I wish I would've gotten a pic of Lacey on the wave-runner. Half way through her ride, she fell asleep.

Noah has one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen. He was a dare devil on the wave runner too.

My sister Misty and her cute son Ethan.

Michelle and Lindsay lookin hot on the wave runners.

Misty and her boys.


Lacey spent a good portion of the day playing in the mud and sand. She kept saying "uh-oh" when she would put mud on herself. But she really liked it despite her telling me to wipe it off because she kept on putting more back on and giggling.

Little cousin Corbin.

Grandpa John and Noah.

Little Isbael. She wasn't feeling well for most of the trip, but she was a little trooper.

Despite my efforts on an hourly basis to cover my girls with sunscreen, they both still got sunburnt. My poor little fair-skinned kiddos sure did get very red. I think Lacey got the worst of it though.


Early one morning while sitting on the porch swing with my Dad, we spotted a three pointer. I was lucky enough to get a quick picture.

Me and my sisters.

Last pic of the vacation. Hannah & Zachary were the only ones that would give us some kind of smile. I think they were all sad that we had to go home.

18 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thank you for all your picture taking. They turned out great. Tell Missy congrats. Her boy is darling.

Diana and Fam said...

Wow that is one of the neatest things ever! I wish we would be able to all get together to do something like that in my family. We are lucky to get together for dinner. haha I love making memories! And I can't help but say Ouch! for Lacey. :(

Anonymous said...

Wow steph great pics! Looks like you guys had a blast! Jackson and I might try to plan our trip around the Nydegger trip to a cabin this year so we might get to see you soon!

Becky said...

Holy party! That looks so fun. You guys are cuties - and I can't believe how big Ethan is. He is sooooo Davis. I love it! Good work, Steph. Keep it up!

Craner Family said...

you need to be a photographer!!! Fun vacation!!! Let's get together soon!

melbel said...

That looks like a ton of fun...I love spending time at cabins near the water. A rare treat! And poor Lacey...it's such a cute innocent picture of her bright sunburned cheeks. (I've done that too...we stock up on so much sunblock every year with my fair-skinned offspring!) Glad you're back to blogging! :)

Jen said...

looks like you guys had fun! I still think it is so funny that we were up at the exact same place at the same time! I wish we would have run into you guys while we were up there!
My little Cole has the really fair skin too...just like me! Malia is lucky enough to have her daddy's skin so she can get tan without burning like me!
Anyway, glad you guys had fun! Now we need to plan another get together! What days work best for you??

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Ethan is going to be eight years old. It looks like you guys had a wonderful vacation. I laughed so hard at the last picture you posted. I hate to break Nate's heart but we weren't really feeling the whole BYU attire but I know he loves it! I'm teasing! Cute post!

Laura W said...

What a fun vacation! I love that last picture of all the kids. Their faces are all so animated.

Krista said...

looks like tons of fun. Lacey's face was sooo red but you can hardly tell now. I'm glad you had a great time, you deserved a good vacation!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What!? Steph, I can't believe you would drop to that level. I really am totally kidding. I just loving giving you and Nate a hard time and I love getting a reaction out of you! So, are you saying my life is boring or my blog will be boring since I don't have kids? I would have to agree. I have no idea what I am going to write about but I am sure I can come up with something. Jonny and I stay plenty busy so I guess I can just take picture of that and write about it. Oh, how exciting! It is hard to believe that it is my eighth year teaching, it seems like I just started. Well, have a good day and I will talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I took your advice and put a picture of me with the kids on the blog. I am so excited for you and Nate. I think the Draper area would be ideal if I was going to live in Utah. That is so nice that Nate's grandpa had the land avaiable for you. I think you should do it. You are right about building what you want. I am thrilled for you. You guys deserve it! You've worked hard. Love ya

Rachelle said...

Steph,
Looks like a great vacation. I love that last picture in the sepia tones. Very nice. Alot of your pictures look really good. Do you use photoshop? Also thanks for your tips about sugar cravings. I'll have to try those Costco purchases. Seems like a good way to get in your daily fruit as well. Really I am still eating chocolate...just in smaller portions. I allow myself 3 chocolate squares a day. I can't give it up entirely.

kaylin said...

Steph- What a darling family! The pictures of the kids are precious! I am thankful for your photo-taking abilities every time we get together. Love you tons!!

Lindsay said...

Steph, you need to invite our cousin jeff to your blog

Rebecca said...

So cute!!! How much fun! I'm jealous that you get to hang out with Linds as much as you do. She is your sis I guess.

Heather said...

Looks like you guys have been busy!! So much fun though! You snap so many cute pics of your kids! Keep it up!