Well, you blow up a little kiddie pool for some fun!
We put it in our family room and this is what the day looked like for us.
My girls love to play in pools- water or no water. They had a blast playing in this pool for almost THREE hours.
Simple things really do keep them entertained. :)
***I know some of you may be looking at Lacey with that darn binky in her mouth wondering why she still has it. I know, I know...she is almost 3 years old! I have tried to take it away and just have it for bedtime, but she sure is being a pill about it. She is sooooo very much attached to that darn thing. Every time my Papa (my mom's dad) catches her with it he says to me, "You've gotta get rid of that titty-sucker!" What a lovely thing to call it, huh?!
I do promise though that her binky will be gone by her third birthday (please everyone, pray for me and all the fits that she is bound to throw when Lacey no longer has it to comfort her.)
3 comments:
Three hours! Wow I love it when simple things entertain the kids the best. Too cute!
As far as the binkie goes it is only tough for maybe a week or so and then it is a breeze. I have also heard that if you tell your child that another baby needs a binkie they sometimes are more willing to give it to that "baby". Or tell them a binkie fairy will come and leave them something for the binkie just like the toothfairy. Just some ideas for you!
Oh, how I hate the binki-phase-out! Good luck, you can do it!! :) We took Ari to Build-a-Bear and let her pick out a special bear to replace her binki. His name is Bink. :) It kinda worked. (And then the binkis were all "broken" and cut off.)
that is the best. Especially when you don't have to pay for something expensive to entertain them for so long. Good luck on the binkie train.
Post a Comment