
I picked Hannah up from preschool today and she tells me the following.....
"Mom, did you know that we need to put some money out for the Leprechaun tonight so he won't trick us for St. Patrick's Day? That is what my teacher at school told me. If you leave money for them, they won't play any tricks on you. Leprechauns can be very tricky and funny. They are nice little people too. But I don't want to get tricked because it's so silly. (insert giggling from Hannah here) So I'm going to leave money out for him tonight, okay? I can't wait to see a Leprechaun come and get the money. I've never ever seen one before. Have you? I bet you didn't know any of this Mom. I'm getting pretty smart....huh?"
So sure enough, Hannah did not forget about this. I went into her room and sitting on her nightstand was a few coins for the Leprechaun.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have never heard about leaving money for them. Is this familiar to any of you?
(FYI: Hannah came running out of her room this morning saying..."The Leprechaun came, the Leprechaun came. The money's gone!! Now he won't play any tricks on me today! YAY!!")
3 comments:
Sorry I have never ever heard of anything like this. Maybe it was a book that they read?.....Who knows and good luck setting her straight! Oh the joys of school...
never heard of, but tell hannah I can help her out too if she needs it, just slip some money under the door... :)
I have, but not in a long time. It is one of the traditions. Lucky leprechan though, he got some free change! At Ridgecrest next year she will get to see the tricks that the Leprechan plays if you don't leave money out. They destroy the kindergarten room dumping chairs, books, shelves and leaving behind footprints from the paint. She'll love it! I know that Alexis and Domenic both did!
Post a Comment