Friday, March 13, 2009

The Ups and Downs of Life....

This past week has been one of many emotions. Happy, sad, joy, excitement, appreciation, relief, worry, stress, faith, and love. It's been one of those times when I've had to step back and remember all the good that life has to offer and the abundance of blessings that I get to see everyday with my family (I think when things go wrong in life it forces you to see all the good).

When life just suddenly throws a bump on the road you are going down, you instantly realize that you aren't immune to bad things happening to you and the people you love. These things can be difficult and sometimes can make life seem hopeless. So even through some hard times this past week we may have had, some great things have happened as well. Prayers have been answered because of faith, because family members pulled together, and because love and support were given. With the trials we are given, blessings really do follow. I am so sure of this. It makes us stronger. It humbles us. It makes us appreciate the small and simple things that make our lives so wonderful. I believe in the power of prayer and have seen its effects on many people. Prayer is a very strong influence in my life and my family and something that we practice often.

I am grateful for my family and how we all come together when times get tough. I'm grateful for family that knows how to use their faith to make miracles happen and give us hope. I'm grateful that prayers have been answered for some loved ones in my family; things that have been long waited for and for many pleas to Heavenly Father that things will turn out okay.

Family is a miraculous blessing that we are given. They are there for us no matter what. I'm glad I've been able to reflect this week and remember all that I do have and to stop thinking about all that I don't have. I need to be reminded of the wonderful life I have more often. I forget all to easily. But I will try everyday to be thankful. Life is good even through what may seem like hopeless times.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I especially like the part when you say when all things are going bad then it "forces" you to look for the good. I hope it has been a good week for you too especially through the difficult times.

Katy said...

Sorry to hear that you are having tough times! Glad to see that you have a strong faith and foundation to help you get through it!

Diana and Fam said...

I know what you mean! You just put a little of what I felt this past week into words. I am so grateful for the gospel! Love you!

melbel said...

This hits home more than you know...

Hope all is well with your little family!!