Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sunny Day = Walks and Playing at the Park (even if some of us have been sick)!

Just a few pictures of our afternoon at the park with Grandma K, Aunt Missy, Jayden and Ryan. We couldn't have asked for better weather. We've had some sickness at our house over the past couple of days. Lacey still isn't feeling too well, but we needed to get out for a bit since we've been cooped up inside so long. We made it about 15 minutes at the park before Lacey told me that she was tired, her nosey (as she likes to call her nose) was yuck-yuck and she wanted to lay down with her blanket. So we headed home after our attempt at trying to enjoy the nice weather today. I may have been a bad mom for taking sick kids to the park. I think I might be paying for it right now seeing as it's midnight and Lacey's having trouble sleeping from her coughing and yucky runny nose. Oops! (Don't judge....the Mommy in me needed a little break and breath of fresh air..... even if it was only for a few minutes. As long as it was outside of the house, I was happy.)

Little Ryan has some of the bluest eyes I have ever seen. He was an angel and just sat in his stroller while the other kids played.

Grandma K took Lacey down this extremely steep slide. I think Grandma was more afraid than Lacey! :)



Aunt Missy and Jayden watching them come down.






At then end, Grandma and Lacey looked like they had fun on that big slide.











Jayden would gather a handful of wood chips from the playground and then........










Toss them in the air!
He had a ton of fun doing that.











Aunt Missy would help the little ones cross the wiggly bridge. Thanks Auntie! :)







Here's Lacey and Cousin Jayden. When I said look at the camera- Lacey gave me this very strange grin, but Jayden gave a great smile!
I think Lacey's poor nose was sore and stiff from so much wiping that it was hard to give a good smile.










Hannah spent most of the time on this tire swing. She could swing for hours and never get sick of it. She definitely does not have my motion sickness. Thank goodness!









***We missed you Aunt Erin and Jackson. We wish you could have been here with us today. We hope to see you in May when you visit Utah. :)

5 comments:

Diana and Fam said...

Fun! I didn't realize it was so nice outside otherwise I would have ran for the park too with the coughs that my kids have. I have never seen a slide like that before. Way for braving it!

Heather said...

You take GREAT pictures! Dont feel bad for taking a sick one to the park... the fresh air has got to do them some good! And all of the moms out there will attest that it definitely does a mommy good!

Craner Family said...

I've got spring fever so bad, and the parks are screaming my name. Glad you could enjoy it!!!

Anonymous said...

So fun! The weather looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to visit!!!!

Karebear said...

I have taken my sick kids to the park before and for all the the same reasons that you listed. I think it is okay. Another reason we always wash our hands as soon as we get home though...