Sunday, July 12, 2009

Island Park, Yellowstone, Bear World and River Rafting Fun!!

We had a great family vacation a couple of weeks ago and here's the many pictures of what we did.


The Family (except for me- I'm taking the pic. And Marc and Gabe couldn't make it this year- we missed you guys!)


The pictures of us on the river are taken from my phone and aren't very good. I didn't dare risk taking my Nikon with me in the boat.





Bell and Linds after our river run.

My handsome nephew Corbin

Me and my cute cousin Jess

Michelle and Zachary (even though she was still recovering from the terrible swine flu, she was a trooper and went down the river with us.)

Me and my Hannah


Here's our adventure into Yellowstone....

5 minutes into Yellowstone, this was Lacey.

Nate and the grand-kids went exploring at lunch time and found this sweet log teeter-totter.

Here's an awesome Bald Eagle. This nest was huge.

A little head would pop up every now and again, but I was never able to catch the little baby for a picture.


Oops...didn't mean to cut your head off Nate. :)

Waiting for Old Faithful to erupt.

There it goes.




If you haven't been to Bear World (near Rexburg, Idaho), I highly recommend it. We saw at least 15 bears and the kids loved it.

A rare white elk. 1 in 6 million!

Most of the bear shots aren't that wonderful because you have to keep your windows rolled up so I got a lot of glare when taking the pictures. It was neat to have the bears walk right up to the car.



Can you see the bear?

We got there at the perfect time to see the tour bus feeding the bears.

I love how this one is begging for food.

They had fun FREE amusement rides at Bear World.






Lacey was the only one who seemed to be terrified of this ride. This was her face the whole time and was white knuckling the steering wheel for dear life.



Right in the middle of walking on a trail, Lacey decided to do some twirling action. :)


These falls we went to (their name escapes my mind) were absolutely beautiful. I couldn't get enough of them. And to top it off, there was this sweet little rainbow shining through.



Here are some pictures of the cabin we stayed in. It was a great place.




We were able to get a couple of family shots on this trip that actually turned out rather well. Of course we are all sunburned from the day before when we went river rafting.

This was the best picture we could get of the grandkids.

A special thanks to my parents for planning this trip. We all had so much fun! :)

3 comments:

Krista said...

fun. I've never been to "bear world." That sounds cool b/c you never really see bears in the wild even though I try to find them in yellowstone. Looks like a super fun trip, I'm glad you guys went!

Diana and Fam said...

Looks like a blast! I love all the pictures you took.

Becky said...

Party!! Wish we would have run into you! It looks like you had just as much fun as we did :) Cute pictures.