I took one picture of our entire trip to Vegas for Nate's company Christmas party and accidentally deleted it. Oops. :) So no pics for this post, sorry.
We had lots of fun with Nate's co-workers and their spouses. We stayed at the Monte Carlo, ate a lot and gambled a little. Nate's first taste of gambling brought a smile on his face when he put in $5 and won $16. He put in $5 bucks again and won $16 again. But in the end, we ended up losing $40. After the loss Nate wasn't as intrigued with gambling as he first was and called it quits. :)
We saw The Blue Man Group which was pretty entertaining, ate at some nice restaurants, walked around to all the hotels and shopped some. Nate kept his head down, one hand in a pocket and the other hand in mine and avoided the nice men and women (card snappers as we referred to them) handing out the "entertainment" cards. At the end of the trip Nate said..."I think Vegas is a good place to visit. But maybe just one time. We'll keep it at that."
Nate and I became addicted to Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate while we were there and I'm craving more. I just might have to find the nearest one up here in Logan and give into my craving. Funny thing though, one morning while we were sipping our Hot Cocoa, I noticed a wad of money on table at Starbucks. There wasn't anyone else around, so I go over and pick it up. There was probably a hundred dollars or more. I take it over to the workers at Starbucks and said that someone had left this money and might come back for it. These two employees just stare at me and literally dropped their mouths open. It's like they were surprised at what I was doing. Finally one of the employees reaches out and hesitantly takes the money from me and says, "Oooookay."
So then Nate and I continue to drink our hot cocoa and I see the manager of Starbucks come out. The two employees go over to him, show him the money I turned in, then point to me (yes, while I am sitting there and yes, I can clearly hear them) and said, "This lady turned in this money she found on one of our tables. I don't know why she turned it in." Then the manager says, "Dumb. I would've just taken it." Then they had a good chuckle.
I guess I took them off guard that there can be an honest person in Vegas!
Nate's cousin Jake, his wife Holli and their son Carder live in Vegas so the last day we were there, they came and picked us up from the hotel and took us to a fancy French restaurant for breakfast. We had this delicious french toast, which is in no way the traditional french toast that I grew up with. I would definitely go back for more! Thanks again Jake and Holli! :)
And today I said goodbye to my 20's. My parents made a yummy birthday breakfast dinner for me yesterday and I was spoiled with great gifts from them and my sisters. Today I woke up to presents sitting on the kitchen counter from Nate, hugs, kisses, birthday wishes and songs from my girls.
I was treated to dinner tonight and more presents from Hannah and Lacey. Thanks for all the phone calls I got wishing me a Happy 30th, even if some of you called me old! ;)
Ringing in my 30th couldn't have been better!
10 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Steph! Let me know how the 30's are... not far behind. Glad you had a good celebration!
That is the only part I hate about Vegas is the porn card people! lol Glad that you had a fun time! And Happy Birthday! I don't know anyone's birthdays with not being on facebook anymore! lol
Glad it turned out so great. Sounds like Vegas was lots of fun.
one word.....old
Hope your sisters finally called you. Good to know you can always count on me!Ha! Love ya, Steph!
Happy Birthday! It was so fun to see you guys while you were down here. As we pulled away from your hotel, Carder says to us "I have a fun time with Nate and Stephanie".
Wait! Steph you have a cousin in Vegas why didn't you call him? They would have showed you the good side of Vegas.
What a fun way to bring on the year 30!!!! Happy happy belated birthday! glad you guys had fun a d got spoiled with fun things to do.
Happy birthday! We've never been to Vegas but it sounds like quite the adventure! Especially when honesty is abnormal. Yikes!
Happy Birthday, Steph! I'm glad you guys got away for some fun too.
Post a Comment