Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Stress, a 6 1/2 year old drinker and nobody loves me......

 .

Out of the blue while driving Hannah to school this morning she says...

"I guess when I'm a mom I'll have to deal with that problem."
Me: "What problem?"
H: "You know. Rent, payments, mortgage and money. Oh! It'll be a stress!"

I guess she has overheard me talking about money.
She is at this stage where she listens in on conversations and is really interested in what adults have to say.  I have to start being more careful I guess.

*************************************************************

While eating dinner after church on Sunday Hannah said..

"I learned about how Joseph Smith was really sick when he was child and because someone said a prayer he was healed."

Nate decides to elaborate on the topic and tells Hannah that Joseph Smith refused to drink Alcohol to help with some of the pain.
They discussed this for a few minutes then Hannah says...

"Yeah, I don't like to drink much alcohol right now, just some. 
When I'm a mom, I don't think I will drink too much either."

Hmm. Didn't know my 6 1/2 year old was throwing back the old bottle. 
Better get her straightened out before she gets baptized next year. ;)

********************************************************

Now, onto Lacey.....
She comes into my room the other night with a very sad looking face and says,

L: "So, I guess I have to say goodbye now and go to a different family."
Me: "What? Why?"
L: "Because I got out of the bath tub and I was cold and I freezed and it made me have a little tiny accident on my carpet so now you and Daddy and Hannah don't love me anymore and now I have to go to a different family. That's how it works."

Then just a few hours later she comes to me again with another sad face and says...

L: "Okay, I'll go live with someone else now."
M: "Why?"
L: "Because this time I lost my pink dog and I can't find it and I looked everywhere
and I want you to find it and you haven't and now I'm sad and I think you are mad at me 
for losing my dog and now I have to go live with someone else. That's how it works Mom."

Lacey can be such a drama queen sometimes and pulls this "I have to go live with someone else" stuff on us A LOT!  If she rips a page in her coloring book, even just a little bit, she thinks it's completely ruined and that means we all stopped loving her.
She'll even go as far as looking at herself in the mirror and forcing herself to cry to make the moment even more dramatic. Even though I've reassured her HUNDREDS of times that no matter what she does, I will never stop loving her, she always comes up with something to make her think that she's got to pack up and move in with another family! What a little stinker!

4 comments:

Diana and Fam said...

I wonder why she thinks that?? :( I wonder if Sydney will go through this phase too... silly girl!

Erin said...

OK, Hannah and the alcohol!! Seriously hilarious!! I would have busted up!

Craner Family said...

Steph-I love the things your girls say! I can't imagine you ever having a day without laughing!

ps...I'm not THAT talented...I haven't played my viola/violin for AGES, and the only way I get exercising in is to teach Zumba...haha!

LOOK AT YOU, miss creativity and amazing photographer!

xoxo

Kara said...

I just chuckled a little to myself out loud! I think maybe I will have to not be your friend anymore and go find someone elses blog to read...that must be how it works when you are silly like that. You have such funny gals!