Sunday, August 28, 2011

So many things happening....

Number One:  We're moving...AGAIN!
But not far away fortunately. We found a home to rent for the next three to four years and the best part is that it's still in our ward boundaries! We love this ward and did not want to part with it.
Oh, there is another great thing about moving to this house and that would be a clubhouse with an indoor/all year round swimming pool, hot tub and sauna! You certainly cannot beat that!

Number Two:  I'm a working woman!
I now have a job at Hannah and Lacey's elementary school and my girls are pretty stoked to have me there. Hannah actually jumped up and down when she found out. Made my day!
I'm sure when they get older they would be less excited, but for now they welcome me with open arms.

My official job title is a paraprofessional. Which is really an aide job for reading, math and whatever else they tell me to do. I start this next week and will be working 5 days a week in the mornings.  I'm pretty excited and a little extra cash never hurt! I've been thinking a lot about what I would do when both of my girls were in school and this is the perfect thing. I work the same hours that Lacey is in Kindergarten, so it works out great. I studied Special Ed and Elementary Education when I was attending the University of Utah several years ago, but then stayed home when I had my babies. So who knows, maybe I'll go to Utah State and finish my degree one day.
So between moving, some training for my job and the girls back in school with homework to do, things will get pretty busy.

Number Three:  Assistant Camp Director no longer! But CAMP DIRECTOR it is now!
Yep, I'm the woman in charge. I'm actually really excited for it and loved going to Girl's Camp this summer. We have some great young women in our ward and it'll be fun to get to know them more. I know it's a big job and can get stressful, but I think I'm up for the challenge.

Number Four:  Lacey is starting ballet/jazz. 
This little girl has been bugging and bugging me for a good year now to start dance and now she is. We were lucky enough to get in with a lady in our ward for an EXTREMELY good price.  It's such a good price I had to ask her three times if I was hearing correctly. Lacey has been all smiles since I told her that she can finally go to dance class. :) 


Number Five:  Nate has become a golfer.
His boss is to thank for Nate's new obsession with golf and my Dad is to thank for lending Nate his very nice set of golf clubs. He's been working half a day on Tuesday's and then golfing the rest with the two partner's in the firm and another co-worker. The first time he went was quite comical I hear. Nate hit the golf ball, looked for it to land, couldn't see it and then something hits him right on the head. Yep, he ended up hitting the golf ball in a way that it shot straight up and then came back down right on his head. His boss and co-worker saw the whole thing and were pretty much rolling around on the grass laughing. I wish I could have seen it!


I'm really behind on posts such as my girls trip to San Diego in June, Disneyland trip, West Fork camping, first day of school for my girls and I'm sure there are other things I'm missing as well. One day I'll get caught up, but don't quote me on that.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

So excited for you!!!! I didn't know about the camp director though! I guess it was a good thing you got eased into this year:) I really need to plan a trip up there. Maybe over uea?

Jonny, Amber and Emry Hatch said...

Congrats Steph! I hope the move goes well and that you enjoy your new job. I was always grateful for paras at my school to help with the busy stuff! Perfect hours, too! See ya in a couple of weeks!

Diana and Fam said...

I can't believe you have to pack again! Sounds like it is worth it though! So glad that things are working out for you guys!

Krista said...

Awesome with your job! That sounds perfect. I'm so happy for you. I also am so sorry you have to move...just the packing part...yuck! but glad that you keep the same ward etc. And a pool is a great bonus. :)