
Well, we have an addition to our family of four. Yes, you guessed it... I have recently added a third child to my care. It's my 2 year old nephew Zachary, Michelle's son. I now watch him two days a week for about 10-11 hours each of those days while Michelle goes to school at the U of U. I have been very lucky to have both him and Lacey take their naps at the same time when I watch him and they both sleep for a couple of hours.
Since tending Zach, he has wanted to sleep in Hannah's bed for his naps. This did not set well with Hannah and she was rather distraught when he slept in it the other day and funny enough, she paced the hall and family room several times while he was asleep in there. So she decided today (as I was rallying up a very hyper yet grumpy Lacey and Zach for their naps who were both protesting the whole nap thing) that she wanted a nap herself. She says to me, "I've had a long hard day, I need to rest in my bed right now".
So then a panic-stricken Hannah started to run as fast as she could to her room (knowing that I was headed to her bed with Zachary) and gets under her covers and pretends that she is asleep. She keeps peaking out her door to see if Zach is asleep in my bed yet. I keep telling her that he isn't, so she crawls back into her bed to keep it safe from the invasion of Zach.
Well, Hannah ended up falling asleep while she waited for Zach to fall asleep somewhere else. I was surprised that she fell asleep since she stopped taking naps two years ago.
So right now, I have a super quiet house and all three kiddos are sound asleep. We are going on almost three hours straight of non-stop silence. I can't recall a time in the past couple of years where it's been this quiet around my house during the day like this. I have found myself not knowing what to do. It's kind of strange, but very relaxing at the same time. Guess I was given a miracle today of having a few hours to myself without having to leave the kids with Nate or getting a babysitter.
10 comments:
Now that is a miracle! All kids asleep....strange stuff is going on. Glad you got some alone time. I crave that almost everyday. I thought you were pregnant there for a minute. haha
That is really nice of you to take watch Zack for Michelle. I am sure it is fun for the girls to have him over. I thought you were pregnant when I first read the title. I was shocked for a minute.
About the whole school thing. I should be done in 2 semesters. They accepted my other credits from the U and USU which is awesome because it has saved me so much time and money. I had one more semester left if I would of finished at the U but that is life. That one was the one thing that caused me grief about moving but it worked out. If you think about going back to school talk to me first. I could maybe offer some advice. Good advice, well at least I think so! Talk to ya later!
Wow Steph that does sound like a miracle! 3 hour naps! That is awesome. We miss you guys too! We just happened to find that park online. It is called Kiddie Acres and it was actually very run down and we were the only ones there! Admission was free and it was only $1 per ride for Jack so it was actually very exciting for him! I wish you guys were close so we could go again together! Maybe if you guys come visit!
Yaaaaaayyyy, that is a fabulous treat for you! Those moments are few and far between, so we have to enjoy each one, right? :)
That's great! Whaddya do? Do you think it'll be a consistent thing??? Misty and I walked to school with Zach, and he's a cutie. (but we experienced the thrill of a grumpy child that day) Hope all goes well with your new busy schedule. perhaps a girl's night in the near future will form.
I love miracles like that.
I'm jealous. Zachary should be mine!!!
My question...did Hannah go to bed very easily that night? I guess it doesn't matter...it was probably worth it!! 3 hours is a lotta time just for yourself. Yay!
Who's Zach???
And just a little reminder, he's not 2...yet.
Post a Comment