I know, Hannah looks so sad here. This was one of her really rough days when her fever was pretty high and she would cry about her poor little nose every time she needed to wipe it. And her little tummy was hurting on top of that. :(


Lacey would be really tired at times and then she'd start jumping off the walls when her bubble gum flavored medicine kicked in and helped her fever come down. :)

So, what do you do when all of your children are sick at the same time? Well, as for me, I let them watch a TON of movies and make beds on our couches simply because they weren't sleeping all that well in their own beds. It will be great to be back in the world again when they are well and whole (let's hope they are better tomorrow). :)
So here's to all you moms out there who:
*Take care of your kiddos when they are down in bed.
*Wipe runny noses every 5 minutes.
*Comfort and sooth when those darn fevers strike.
*Rock, hold and bounce your children for hours on end trying to calm them down.
*Kneel down with them by the toilet (and hold their hair back if it's a girl) when their little tummy's won't keep a thing down.
*Get thrown up on by your child when there isn't time to reach a toilet/bucket.
*Get up several times a night to comfort your sleepless child.
*Sacrifice your own sleep and energy to make sure they are okay.
*Lay with your children, holding their hands and singing softy until they fall asleep.
*Wash sheets and blankets on a daily basis to get rid of the germs.
*Disinfect everything in sight with Lysol.
*Come to every beckoning call of the sick little kids.
*Pray on a daily basis for your children's happiness, safety and health.
*Go into this knowing that you will inevitably catch whatever sickness they have and never think twice about caring for them.
And most of all, to you moms who give unconditional love, unlimited amounts of time and energy, endless care, kindess, tenderness, smiles, kisses, hugs and reassurance to those little human beings who we all can't get enough of. Keep on having faith and being the great mothers that you all are. We have a hard job, no doubt about it!! But one that is also pretty amazing. :) Thanks to all of you,our Moms, their mom's and every mom for being, well.........a MOM!!
12 comments:
You are such a GOOD MOM! I totally understand about a bad week. Both my kids and Scot were sick all week long too. With the same stuff! It was not fun! Poor Sydney has a sore on her nose from me having to wipe it so much! I am sorry you had to deal with sickness too! I hope that they feel better fast and that you don't get it too (I haven't yet...) Life will get better sooner than later right?
It makes 23! Way more than we will ever have! haha
that is a sweet post. I hope you get feeling better too now. Maybe I should have slipped you and "airborne" tablet for the week of sniffles and sickness.
You are a great mom steph! Im so sorry your girlies were so sick, that truly is no fun! We miss you guys! Lacey looks all grown up. I hope you are all healthy and happy again. Thanks for the sweet post!
And it's so worth it all, isn't it!? Crazy. I love being a mom too.
you've got it too then, eh??? well, ditto to all you said. hopefully your kiddos get better soon.
oh! your poor babies! I hate when kids are sick. Like it isn't hard enough being a mom when everyone is happy and healthy huh! I hope you all get feeling better soon! We still need to get together too!
What sad little faces! I hope by now everyone is feeling better. Or are they better and now you have it? :) You're right, that is just something to expect. *sigh,* we sure love our kiddos.
Those pictures of your sick girls break my heart! I hate it when kids are sick! You are a great mom and your kids are very lucky to have you!
I remember sick days laying on the couch and watching endless movies. Next time I'm sick, I'm coming over to your house.
Post a Comment