Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not Your Traditional Pumpkin Carving

This year my Mom decided to mix things up a bit with our pumpkin carving. It actually didn't even involve pumpkins. Instead, she came up with this cute idea to make foam pirate ships for the boys and haunted houses for the girls. The grandkids loved it and it wasn't anywhere near as messy as pumpkin guts. But some of the assembly was a little more involved, so us parents ended up doing most of the work.

Here are some pics. :)




And here are the finished products. Can you see the little ghost peeking out the window? :)




Mother Of Death (created by Misty)


The Destroyer (created by Michelle and Zachary)

Black Death (created by Peter)

8 comments:

Heather said...

Wow what a creative idea! I might just have to steal that one for next year! I hate cleaning up the ooey gooey that comes out of the pumpkins!

melbel said...

Those are great Halloween decorations! You'll have to save them for next year. I like the little ghost waving to say hi. Cute ideas!

Diana and Fam said...

Those are so cool! I love the idea to do something different. Happy Halloween!

Mich said...

Um, could you please find a worse picture of me to post? Oh wait, that's not possible. SO I'm at work bored out of my mind and you're at home playing with my son. Hmmm. I don't like that. Make sure you lay the smack down if he starts hitting your girls.

Becky said...

Those won't turn to mush in a week, will they? You can even save them for next year!

Anonymous said...

That is a way cute idea! We wish we could be with you guys tonight when you carve pumpkins!! =( We are going to carve one tonight too and maybe we can Skype!

Katy said...

Wow! So cute and they'll last far longer than a pumpkin too! Too Cute!

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Those houses and ships are TOTALLY cool. You have a fun family for sure!