Monday, November 24, 2008

The Elf On The Shelf


My sister introduced me to this website last year and this is so cute.
I just wanted to share it with all of you in case you haven't heard of this yet.

It's called The Elf on the Shelf. It comes with this adorable little Elf that you put in various places around your house through the holidays and a story book telling all about him. Your kids can also name the Elf if they like. :) Last year Hannah thought Elfey was a suitable name for ours. :)

Your kids will get in the spirit of Christmas while making sure they are being good because they know the little Elf will disappear at the end of the day and report to Santa if they were being naughty or nice.

It's fun to see your kids wake up in the morning and run throughout the house trying to find where the Elf is hiding for that day. And it's fun for us as parents to figure out different hiding places. :)

It's a wonderful family tradition that you can look forward to year after year and a great motivator to help your kids be nice for when Santa Claus is coming to town! :)

Here's the website where you can order and learn all about this great Christmas tradition.
http://www.elfontheshelf.com
(my link option isn't working, so just copy and paste)

8 comments:

Katy said...

I need to see your book! How ironic that there is a book and an entire website about this tradition. I just came up with the idea on my own after my grandma got this funny elf for christmas and didn't know what to do with it, so I convinced her to give it to me and we've used it ever since. (pardon the run-on, I am tired I think!)

Diana and Fam said...

That is so cute! I have never heard of anything like that. Fun fun!

melbel said...

That's a great idea. I'm always looking for fun traditions that our kids will remember. I'll have to check it out.

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Pretty cool tradition.

Lindsay said...

What a cute idea! I'm going to look into it!

Krista said...

cute. I knew I should have bought the elf I saw the other day. He so wanted to be purchased too.

misty said...

Oh, I didn't know you got it! My kids had fun with it last year and I really wanted to do it this year because I'm afraid big E will be too old by next year. But, ya know, it's, that's right.............packed away somewhere. :(

Heather said...

Thank you for the wonderful idea! This is definitely something worth trying!