Here is a little converstaion between Hannah and Lacey the other night.
H: I want Mommy to tuck me in tonight.
L: I want Mommy.
H: I want Mommy.
L: No! I want Mommy.
H: NO! I want Mommy.
(They are yelling at each other at this point)
L: You want Daddy.
H: No, you want Daddy.
(insert bursts of tears from both girls fighting over me tucking them in while Nate is sitting on the couch looking rather un-loved/un-wanted.:(
L: MY MOMMY!
H: Lacey, I want Mommy tonight and you have Daddy.
L: No, my Mommy. You Daddy.
(And here's the kicker of this conversation....)
H: (In a very tearful voice she walks up to Lacey, bends down to her eye-level and says)
Lacey, Somtimes you need to love Daddy too.
Note to Nate: Our girls really do love you and when you aren't here, they ask for you ALL the time.
11 comments:
That is so cute! Love it! Lately I feel like Nate, the kids always seem to want Dad lately but it will change back and forth. Don't worry Nate!
that's way funny. My kids, mostly sisi always ask for Johnny and by the end of the day I am very happy with this idea.
Lol -- well, of COURSE the only want what they can't have. If he's right there it's no fun. :) Love it.
So funny! Grant usually cries for daddy only when he is in trouble with me! Of course he loves his daddy too!
It depends on the kids, though I am the one that tucks them in at night, no matter what. They do get the awesome "Daddy! Daddy's Home" when he walks through the door at night. I get the hysterical burst of tears the second I walk back into the room.
That's awesome. Marc will be glad to hear he's not the only unloved dad!
Yay for a new post! Anyway, I think all kids go through that phase. When the kids are hurt, they only want mommy. They only want mommy to feed them, bathe them, get them dressed, everything! Sometimes it's so exhausting when they want mommy to do everything even though daddy is not busy. But, the good news is that they are always excited to see him walk through that door (me too!). I have to remind Jesse too that they really do miss him when he's at work all day! :)
That's so funny. It's the same round here... they talk and talk about Dad all day and jump into his arms when he gets home from work... but at bedtime.... it's only MOMMY.
Awww... silly girls.
You better just show Nate later how much you love him. *wink
that's funny! Malia does that all the time too...I hope it doesn't make Ry feel bad...she cries if he tries to take her to bed and says she wants me to. It's frustrating too, cuz I want a break sometimes!!
Whatever! I see how these blogs work. All the girls get together and ruin my reputation as a dad. Oh brother. I'm perfectly fine with the girls always wanting mommy, that just means I can watch my basketball game instead of putting girls to bed.
Nate
(Not really, I do get jealous of Steph every night and try all sorts of tricks to try to get the girls to want me instead)
Post a Comment