Here's a little conversation between Hannah and Lacey that occurred last night while Lacey kept singing Jingle Bells during dinner.
Hannah: Lacey, stop bugging me and singing Jingle Bells. It's not Christmas.
Lacey: No.
Hannah: Stop singing. I don't like it. You are hurting my ears.
Lacey: Sing Hannah. I like it.
Hannah: Lacey, do you know what ignoring means?
Lacey: Huh?
Hannah: It means that you are bugging me and giving me a headache and I am going to walk away from you so I can't see you and I don't have to listen to you.
Lacey: Ok. (she giggles and continues to sing.)
Hannah: (lets out a huge sigh of frustration) You make me a little upset Lacey! I don't think I can take this anymore!
So Hannah stomps out of the kitchen and says to me, "Mom, I need a couple minutes by myself and away from Lacey. I'm doing what you told me to do. I am ignoring her. I'll be in my room."
Then a couple minutes later she comes back into the kitchen and sits down at the table and has another conversation with Lacey which goes as follows...
Hannah: Lacey, do you remember what ignoring means?
Lacey: Huh?
Hannah: I just told you and I'm going to ignore you every time you sing or are really loud because that bugs me and makes my head hurt. So remember what I told you for the next time. I want you to remember. Ignoring means I will walk away and not ever listen to you. Ok?
Lacey: Ok. (She then begins to sing Jingle Bells and Hannah gets upset and the whole thing starts all over again.)
Seriously- I couldn't help but laugh at Hannah trying so hard to teach Lacey what ignoring meant. I do applaud her for doing this though. Usually when Lacey is bugging Hannah, Hannah will start to throw a fit and get really mad and it almost always ends up in her being put in time out for yelling at Lacey or hitting her. So I could tell that Hannah was trying to go about stopping Lacey from bugging her in a different and much better way and that I was glad for. But Lacey being only 2 obviously didn't quite understand what Hannah was trying to say. So poor Hannah's attempt at resolving the situation did not go so well, but she did keep her cool and walked out of the room to vent her frustration every time Lacey would get on her nerves. It was all rather cute but I did feel bad for Hannah. :)
9 comments:
What a wonderful memory to capture! Thank you for sharing and for the laugh!
That is so cute! She sounds so very grown up. Love it! And you might just warn her now, sisters will always be annoying....well until they are adults..:) lol
Hey Steph, I love that Lacey purposely bugging Hannah. Reminds me of my boys!
So when I visit you blog, it looks way different, no cute background or pictures and stuff. Did you change it?
Oh my gosh! Talk about SMART!!! That is the funniest story~ I cant believe the things that kids remember!
That IS really funny, especially how Hannah tried so hard to cool off and take a "break". She must be growing up!
If her singing sounds anything like yours, I'd be ignoring her too! HA HA HA
You know I love ya. The girls are so cute!
wow! That's some good self control! How do you teach your girls to do that? Mine just screams or starts bawling...probably just like her mom =S
ha. that's funny. I can just picture it now. She sure is a smart little thing and good with her words.
How cute! I love it when little ones attempt to act much more mature than they really are! Poor Hannah. It is the doom of being the oldest child. I had to do the same thing all the time, Alexis too! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment