
Dear Naps,
We've had a good run. But now it's time to say goodbye. Your quiet 3 hour solitude added a little touch of heaven to my days.
Lacey has chosen to phase you out of her life. She sees no need for you anymore. While she still gets grumpy from not utilizing you, she won't succumb to your peaceful dreams.
I will miss you dearly. I will always remember you. May you help another Mommy in need of bringing sweet slumber to their child.
So now we must part and go our separate ways.
Adieu my dear friend. It's been wonderful.
Love,
The Mommy of Lacey
***Seriously, this is a sad thing. I don't like that Lacey has chosen to stop taking naps. She was my best napper (not even sure that's a word). She would sleep for 3 1/2hours every day since birth for me. I relished those hours to myself or with Hannah (when she wasn't in school). But now, I must deal with Lacey being awake all day and the afternoons get tough because of her grouchiness. I guess there isn't much I can do about it. We will just have quiet time in place of her nap time. Hopefully that will be a good thing. :)
6 comments:
I know how you feel! I was so sad when Davis quite taking his naps this year. And quite time doesn't really work all the time. But I have to be careful because if I am in the car and it is later afternoon or around dinner he will fall asleep and sometimes it can be a good thing... Good luck with quite time!
Griffin is trying to phase his out too, but I'm being stubborn and hanging onto them as long as possible! If he does get a nap though he usually wont fall asleep at night until like 10:00. It is a sad thing isn't it?
That totally reminded me of that comercial about the broom and mop and how the women abandon them for the swiffers. Perhaps Lacey needs a swiffer! ha ha. perhaps with all this pent up exhaustion you'll have, we should do a girls night for sure!!!
Dang. That sucks. I lock Wy in his room for 2 hours, even if he plays in there for that long. Dr. Clayton told me not to feel guilty - so I don't!! :) Some days he never falls asleep, but I don't give up and his naps have come back!
It is rough when nap time stops. And the meltdowns at about 4 or 5 are great aren't they?! I have days where I make Hayden have quiet time. He can read books or play quietly in his room. There are days where this becomes a lifesaver! Your girls are so adorable!
I haven't posted anything new because our computer died.
Post a Comment