Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Give Me Your Top Three Please. :)


I'm in need of some new reading material. I'm also putting together a 'Top 100 Books' list of ones that I have never read and would like to over the next couple years . So if all of you could give me your Top Three books I would be very grateful. I need some great books on my list.

Happy Reading! :)

18 comments:

Mich said...

My favorite and most fun reading to do is adolescent literature. I recommend The Book Thief. It is amazing. You will cry.

Mich said...

Ooh, and The Absolute True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. Lovely book.

Lindsay said...

I just read the twilight series and enjoyed them.

Krista said...

You started it....but "These is my words" "History of Love" and "handmaid's tale." Handmaid's tale we may have to discuss after you read it...it's totally different but I'm glad I read it.

Erin said...

One of my all time fav's is "Rebecca" by Daphne DuMaurier. You won't be able to put it down!

Erin said...

When your list is done, make sure to send it out! :)

Diana and Fam said...

The list goes on and on. I just finished reading My Fair Godmother. It was WAY cute! Of course the Twlight series, if you haven't read the Harry Potter books you are missing out, Any of Shannon Hales books are really good like Goosegirl, etc. Enjoy!

Debbie said...

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert it is a beautiful story of discovering yourself. I just finished Three cups of Tea and learned so much about Pakistan and that part of the world. I have so much more respect for that area. My friend recommends the Shack - says it has some great eye opening thoughts about life. So that is next on my list.

Jen said...

The twilight and Harry Potter books are definitely up there on my list...I've read them 4 or 5 times! Some of my other favorites are: The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards, A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner both by Khaled Hosseini (I don't know if that's spelled right), and Strangling Your Husband is Not an Option by Merrillee Boyack is an amazing book too. I need to read more too...maybe we get settled in our house I can start reading again!

misty said...

Okay, how 'bout Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?
The Ender's Game series
The Awakening by Kate Choplin
the Alex Cross books by James Patterson
anything by Tad Williams
I bet you'd like Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
And I'd recommend Kite Runner with a warning: there are some disturbing things you may not be able to get out of your head.
I have more but am done thinking for now.

misty said...

Okay, just had to add, I love children's books. Try the Junie B. Jones series if you haven't already. They are hilarious.
Let's Roll by Lisa Beamer you might like as well.

Becky said...

I'll only tell you my secret list of favorite books if you promise to read mine first!

Katy said...

The Vampire Diaries series is awesome (came out long before Twilight, but if you like one, you'll like both), From the Mixed Up Files of Ms. Basil E. Frankwiler, and JayHawk are all great reads. I read them over and over.

TheWilcoxFam said...

To Kill A Mocking Bird (Harper Lee), My Antonia (Willa Cather...anything by her), Rebecca (Daphne Du Maurier), The known World (Edward Jones), The Thorn Birds (Colleen McCullough), A Tree Grows in Brooklyn(Betty Smith), East of Eden (John Steinbeck), Did you say you only wanted three? Ummm.... These is my Words (Nancy Turner), Ethan Frome (Edith Wharton), Charles Dickens: Everything, Little Women, Jane Austen: Everything, And Fortune's Rocks (Anita Shreve) For Fun: Maeve Binchy Young Adult: Elijah Of Buxton (Curtis), Maniac Magee (Spinelli) Jubilee (Margaret Walker), The Lottery Rose (Irene Hunt) and Anything by Gary Paulsen or Jack London. Sorry, I can't stop! I also love James Alexander Thom. Okay, I'll stop.

Julie said...

Ok I read the list and all of them plus don't forget Anita Stansfield's books. They are church based and I love the way she writes. The Gable series, new ones Rain, Thunder. Start reading!!

Karebear said...

One I really enjoyed was The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. It is a really easy read, but I liked how it made me think.

melbel said...

What a great idea! I enjoyed the first 3 books in the Zion Covenant series: Vienna Prelude, Prague Counterpoint, and Munich Signature by Brodie and Brock Thoene. Couldn't put them down! I also enjoyed These is My Words, and I was strongly recommended to read "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch and "Austenland" by Shannon Hale (any of her books are like brain candy!). You should someday post your list because I'm always looking for my next book. :)

TheWilcoxFam said...

I need to mention Jacob have I Loved (Katherine Paterson),A Begonia for Miss Appleaum (Paul Zindel; any of his books), Tuck Everlasting (Natalie Babbitt)Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, and Julie of the Wolves (These are all young adult lit.)For fun: Maeve Binchy (I may have already mentioned her) and Mary Higgins Clark is always good, clean fun. If you'd like to be disturbed (really disturbed, as in WARNING) read Joyce Carol Oates (especially The falls), I love Jennifer Haigh and David Baldacci, Wish You Well. I'm not usually a fan of LDS fiction, but Dean Hughes, Children of the Promise, and Hearts of the Children are very well written, and I loved Fire of the Covenant by Gerald Lund. (Anyone who is offended that I don't usually read LDS fiction, please send your thoughts to Tracy C/O I Don't Care)(SMILE). Okay, I'm really stopping now...Steph would you like to just borrow my list? J/K I'm done. P.S. I mentined James Alexander Thom last time. You must read Follow the River. Some people love shoes, I love books!