Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Okay....Here It Is.........


Many of you requested that I post my "Top 100 Books" list when I finished it. So here it is!
I need to give a big thanks to everyone who recommended all of these books. I think there is a little bit of everything on this list and I can't wait to dive into some great literature. After reading up on most of these books before adding them to my list, I must say I am very intrigued know each of them.
Now
, if only I could lock myself in a cabin deep in the woods where I could enjoy quiet solitude while indulging in the world of books. Doesn't that sound like pure heaven?


Again...HAPPY READING!

1. Poison Study (Maria Snyder)
2. Flipped (Wendelin Van Draanen)
3. Heart and Soul (Maeve Binchy)
4. Hearts of the Children Series Vol.1 The Writing on the Wall (Dean Hughes)
5. " " Vol.2 Troubled Waters
6. " " Vol.3 How Many Roads
7. " " Vol.4 Take Me Home
8. " " Vol.5 So Much Life Ahead
9. The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)
10. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian (Sherman Alexie)
11. The History of Love (Nicole Krauss)

12. The Goose Girl (Shannon Hales)
13. My Fair Godmother (Janette Rallison)
14. Rebecca (Daphne DuMaurier)
15. Handmaid's Tale (Margaret Atwood)
16. Eat Pray Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)
17. The Memory Keepers Daughter (Kim Edwards)
18. The Shack (William P. Young)
19. Whitehorn Woods (Maeve Binchy)
20. A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini)
21. Island of the Blue Dolphins (Scott O'Dell)
22. Let's Roll (Lisa Beamer)
23. My Antonia (Willa Carter)
24. The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Mitch Albom)
25. The Last Lecture (Randy Pausch)
26. Austenland (Shannon Hale)
27. The Lottery Rose (Irene Hunt)
28. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn (Betty Smith)
29. The Known World (Edward Jones)
30. Jacob Have I Loved (Katherin Paterson)
31. A Begonia for Miss Appleaum (Zindel)
32. The Falls (Joyce Carol Oates)
33. The Condition (Jennifer Haigh)
34. Wish You Well (David Baldacci)
35. Follow The River (James Alexander Thom)
36. The Professors House (Willa Cather)
37. Promises to Keep: Diane's Story(DeanHughes)
38. Baker Towers (Jennifer Haigh)
39. Fire Of the Covenant (Gerald Lund)

40. A Lost Lady (Willa Cather)
41. The Glass Lake (Maeve Binchy)
42. Mrs. Kimble (Jennifer Haigh)
43. From the Mixed up Files of Ms. Basil E. Frankwiler (E.L. Konigsburg)
44. Strangling Your Husband is not an Option (Merrilee Boyack)
45. It's a Mall World After All (Janette Rallison)
46. My Not-So-Fairy-Tale Life (Julie Wright)
47. I, Coriander (Sally Gardner)
48. I capture the Castle (Dodie Smith)
49. Drenched in Light (Lisa Wingate)
50. Night (Elie Wiesel)
51. Sarah's Key (Tatiana De Rosnay)
52. The Invisible Wall: A Love Story that Broke Barriers (Harry Bernstein)
53. Counting Blessings (Kerry Blair)
54. A Town Like Alice (Nevil Shutt)
55. All The Way Home (Ann Tatlock)
56. Miriam's Kitchen: A Memoir (Elizabeth Ehrlich)
57. Princess Academy (Shannon Hale)
58. How Green W
as My Valley (Richard Llewellyn)
59. Eat Cake (Jeanne
Ray)
60. Small Change (J. Belinda Yandell)
61. Cold Sassy Tree (Olive Ann Burns)
62. Peculiar, in a Good Way (Mary Ellen Edmunds)
63. The Actor and The Housewife: A Novel (Shannon Hale)
64. Magic Study (Maria Snyder)
65. Fire Study (Maria Snyder)
66. Rules of the Road (Joan Bauer)
67. The Glass Castle: A Memoir (Jeannette Walls)
68. Peace Like a River (Leif Enger)
69. The Season (Sarah Maclean)
70. The Neurology of Angels (Krista Tibbs)
71. Absolutely Maybe (Lisa Yee)
72. Vinegar Hill (P.S.) (A. Mannette Ansay)
73. Asta in the Wings (Jan Elizabeth Watson)
74. Winnie's War (Jenny Moss)
75. The Writing on My Forehead (Nafisa Haji)
76. Sporadic Memories (Ali Marsman)

77. North and South (Elizabeth Gaskell)
78. The Friday Night Knitting Club (Kate Jacobs)
79. Three Junes (Julia Glass)
80. The Knitting Circle (Ann Hood)
81. What I call Life (Jill Wolfson)
82. Sarah's Quilt (Nancy E. Turner)
83. The Star Garden (Nancy E. Turner)
84. One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd (Jim Fergus)
85. Escape (Carolyn Jessop/Laura Palmer)
86. Jewel (Bret Lott)
87. Cane River (Lalita Tademy)
88. The Great and Terrible Vol. 1 Prologue: The Brothers (Chris Stewart)
89. " " Vol. 2 Where Angels Fall
90. " " Vol. 3 The Second Sun
91. " " Vol. 4 Fury and Light
92. " " Vol. 5 From the End of Heaven
93. " " Vol. 6 Clear As the Moon
94. A Northern Light (Jennifer Donnelly)
95. Before I die (Jenny Downham)
96. A Girl Name Zippy (Haven Kimmel)
97. The Little Book (Selden Edwards)
98. All We know of Heaven: A Novel (Jacquelyn Mitchard)
99. Revolutionary Road (Richard Yates)
100. The Red Tent (Anita Diamant)

(Now let's see if I can accomplish my goal of reading all of these books in the next year or two.)





11 comments:

Becky said...

You can do it. Totally! PS Flipped is on your list twice. And Goose Girl should be #3. :)

Brittany said...

Good luck on your goal! I love to read! Nate hates it when I do because I totally ignore him untill I finsh the book. (I just really get into it!) I will have to get my next reads from your list!

Laura W said...

No way! I love this, and I'm stealing it right now for my own ... I don't know what, personal records?!? :) A girl always needs a good book recommendation. Mmm mm.

Laura W said...

p.s. and sorry I didn't contribute, but glad to see you got your 100 w/out me. ;)

Diana and Fam said...

Holy Cow! You really do have a little bit of everything on your list. If you give yourself 2 years you can so get it all read!

Krista said...

or 3 or 4 or 5 years. That is a ton of books. Happy reading. Good list.

melbel said...

Wow! That's a lot of books! Where is that magical cabin where time stands still and you read all day long? Let me know if you find it! :) I may have to pluck a few of these suggestions for my own list.

Mich said...

Good Luck! You should really throw some classics in there- Dickens, Woolf, James Joyce, Jane Austen... You would be surprised at how many movies refer to these author's books.

Becky said...

True, true, Michelle. You should add at least Pride & Prejudice. I think that's the most entertaining one thats referred to more than others. Although, I may I compare Elizabeth Gaskel to Jane Austen. North & South is so great. It also has similar themes to Pride & Prejudice.

StephNyd said...

Michelle and Becky, I would have included classics in there, but a lot of those I have read already (Pride and Prejudice..ect), I chose books that I have never read to be on my list.

Jen said...

So these are all ones you've never read right? That's awesome. I need to make a goal like that too! I love to read!