Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holding Hands

It's 3 a.m.
Yes....3 A.M.
I'm in a nice deep sleep for once.
I get woken up by something running through my covers and touching my arms and legs.
I freaked out thinking some creature was attacking me.
(The mind plays crazy tricks on me when it's half awake and half asleep)
Low and behold, it was a little hand rummaging through my bed covers.
Little Lacey is the culprit.

Half awake on my part, we have this conversation...

Me: "What are you looking for under my covers honey?"
Lacey: "Your hand."
Me: "Why?"
Lacey: "I want to hold it."
Me: "Okay, but why?"
Lacey: "Because I miss you and I can't sleep without holding your hand."

Too sweet.
She climbed into my bed and held onto my hand for the next two hours. :)


***Actually, I thought it was a mouse rummaging through my covers.
I had recently heard that one of Nate's aunts was taking a nap on her bed and she woke up to something soft running down her arm.
It was a mouse! Her cat brought it in.
I am officially freaked out that a mouse will be running all over me in bed, even though I don't have a cat.....or a mouse problem.

4 comments:

Diana and Fam said...

I don't know what one is worse having your child touch you or just stare at you until you wake up. You see that is what both my kids do. haha

derekandjulie said...

Cute! And scary, for Bonnie on the farm (in 100 year old farm house) the mouse thing is a REAL worry. They are everywhere!! Luckily they got two outside cats to hopefully help the problem. Well, enough about Bonnie's infestation. :)
Very cute story.

Becky said...

Hilarious. Sometimes when Tilly sneaks into our bed in the night, Tyson wigs out thinking its a mouse too :) It makes me laugh... LOL

That's really sweet that she wants to hold your hand in the middle of the night, though :)

Karebear said...

Ben always told me that cats bring you dead mice, not live ones! That's the whole reason why you would get a cat, to catch the mouse, that wiggled and jiggled and tickled inside her...