Hannah's been checking for loose teeth almost every day for the past couple of months.
She's been very excited at the prospect of getting money from the tooth fairy.
Well, a couple days ago she said that her tooth felt funny and was hurting a little bit.
I looked inside her mouth and one of her front bottom teeth was about ready to come out.
Her permanent tooth was already coming up too.
I told her that she finally gets a visit from the tooth fairy just like some of her friends.
Nate and I expected an excited reaction.
Instead, she broke down crying.
When we asked her why she was crying she replied...
"It scares me to not have any teeth and holes in my mouth."
After a little talk and a look in the mirror to show her that another tooth was already
coming up in the place of her baby tooth, she calmed down.
The rest of the day she kept tugging and trying to pull the baby tooth out.
The next day, she pushed it with her tongue and gave it a little pull and out it came.
(she wouldn't smile for the picture, she only wanted a wide-open mouthed pic. Not sure why.)
That night Nate handed me 8 dollars and said to put it under her pillow.
Um...I don't think so!
I only got a quarter for every tooth I lost.
There was no way I was going to do 8 bucks for my kids!
Nate simply said...."inflation, gotta keep up."
I settled on 2 dollars.
And of course Hannah thought 2 bucks was awesome.
Well, a couple days ago she said that her tooth felt funny and was hurting a little bit.
I looked inside her mouth and one of her front bottom teeth was about ready to come out.
Her permanent tooth was already coming up too.
I told her that she finally gets a visit from the tooth fairy just like some of her friends.
Nate and I expected an excited reaction.
Instead, she broke down crying.
When we asked her why she was crying she replied...
"It scares me to not have any teeth and holes in my mouth."
After a little talk and a look in the mirror to show her that another tooth was already
coming up in the place of her baby tooth, she calmed down.
The rest of the day she kept tugging and trying to pull the baby tooth out.
The next day, she pushed it with her tongue and gave it a little pull and out it came.
That night Nate handed me 8 dollars and said to put it under her pillow.
Um...I don't think so!
I only got a quarter for every tooth I lost.
There was no way I was going to do 8 bucks for my kids!
Nate simply said...."inflation, gotta keep up."
I settled on 2 dollars.
And of course Hannah thought 2 bucks was awesome.
4 comments:
haha Inflation indeed! Although I do remember after my first tooth, my whole windowsill was covered with treats and quarters. I suspect my dad got a little excited, too. Every other tooth was only worth a few quarters, though.
8 bucks! I would have been against that one too! I didn't really want to do the $1.75 or whatever that we did for Davis. Neat that she finally started loosing her teeth!
8 dollars! If I were a kid, I would have pulled out my permanent teeth at that rate! And that's funny...I would have never thought of inflation. But my kids are still at a stage where a penny is just as cool as a quarter, especially if you get TWO pennies. I'm curious what the tooth fairy will bring when she comes to visit our house one day! :)
Dang! I wish I was on Nate's payroll! :)
Post a Comment