A couple weeks ago I was able to go on a road trip with my cousin Amber.
We took two days to travel back to her home in Nebraska.
It was a blast!
This trip was a last minute thing.
I was leaving my kids and Nate for the next 9 days.
I've never been away from them for more than a night.
Even though I missed my girls and Nate a lot,
this was a much needed break for me.
Amber and Jonny were great hosts.
Jonny fixed a great dinner of Hamburgers, corn on the cob,
homemade avocado dip and pasta the first night I was there.
We shopped, went to the pool, ate out, relaxed, laughed,
ate out more, slept in and of course more eating filled the agenda!
(wait, who am I kidding? sleeping in to me means 8 am- but it was still great!)
Thank you so much for the great vacation you guys!
You know I'll come again!
It was a blast!
This trip was a last minute thing.
I was leaving my kids and Nate for the next 9 days.
I've never been away from them for more than a night.
Even though I missed my girls and Nate a lot,
this was a much needed break for me.
Amber and Jonny were great hosts.
Jonny fixed a great dinner of Hamburgers, corn on the cob,
homemade avocado dip and pasta the first night I was there.
We shopped, went to the pool, ate out, relaxed, laughed,
ate out more, slept in and of course more eating filled the agenda!
(wait, who am I kidding? sleeping in to me means 8 am- but it was still great!)
Thank you so much for the great vacation you guys!
You know I'll come again!
After all the fun, I flew back to Utah on July 4.
I was sad to see the vacation end, but there's always next year, right?
I was sad to see the vacation end, but there's always next year, right?
**A special thanks to Nate, my Mom, my mother-in-law and my sisters for helping out with my girls while I was gone. It was much appreciated! :)













7 comments:
Yes, next year for sure! I am so happy you came back with me. It was exactly what I needed! I miss you. Bella really misses you! I loved your new blog header and blog template. Did we decide who was Thelma or Louise? he he he
Oh yeah, one more thing, I was rolling on the floor about the comment about your tour guides and then with the matching picture. So hilarious!
A vacation without kids....a little alone/down time....LUCKY YOU!!!
Looks like a ton of fun! You deserve it!
What a fun trip and a great break! Yay finally pics of Amber's house!! You two are rebels, that's called breaking and entering where I come from!
Good for you girls. Sounds like a great break 9 days too. Wow!
Awesome, Steph!!! Looks like you had a blast. So glad you went, you rebel :)
Wow, 9 whole days! What a party! You should have come said Hi! :) Isn't that drive the worst? I guess not if you have your pal Thelma {or Louise?} and no kids. Now THAT sounds like fun.
Post a Comment